- Lightening-fast; thousands of operations per sec.
- Fail-safe; no losing data after crashes.
- Dynamically scales as new servers added.
- Super-easy to deploy and use (include a single jar).
Hazelcast is pure Java. JVMs that are running Hazelcast will dynamically cluster. Although by default Hazelcast will use multicast for discovery, it can also be configured to only use TCP/IP for environments where multicast is not available or preferred. The program is released under Apache License and the project is hosted at Google Code. It can be freely used in commercial or non-commercial applications.
- Share data/state among many servers (e.g. web session sharing)
- Cache your data (distributed cache)
- Cluster your application
- Provide secure communication among servers
- Partition your in-memory data
- Distribute workload onto many servers
- Take advantage of parallel processing
- Provide fail-safe data management